Venus VersaTM works to reduce effects on the skin that are related to premature aging. It uses light-based technology to target the elements under the skin’s surface that cause the visible signs of aging.
Non-Invasive Treatments with Venus VersaTM Photorejuvenation Applicators
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who has an uneven complexion with signs of discoloration or visible veins on their skin. Photorejuvenation treatments may also work to improve the look of fine lines.
Key Patient Benefits
- Skin that looks noticeably clearer with a more even skin tone
- Comfortable treatments
- No downtime
- Safe and quick treatment sessions
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
1. Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
The best candidate is someone who has an uneven complexion with signs of discoloration or visible veins on their skin. Photorejuvenation
treatments may also work to improve the look of fine lines.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
• Metal or other implants in the treatment area
• Current or history of cancer
• Pregnant or nursing
• Any diseases that can be stimulated by light (e.g. epilepsy)
• History of disease that can be stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
• Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes or polycystic ovary syndrome)
• Any active condition in the treatment area (e.g. eczema, psoriasis, rash)
• History of skin disorders, keloids, unusual wound healing, or excessively dry and/or sensitive skin
• Any surgical procedures within the past 3 months
• A tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
• Excessively tanned skin
2. I have darker skin – can I still get this treatment done?
Venus VersaTM photorejuvenation treatments work best for light to medium skin tones. The treatment may work on darker skin, but there is a
higher risk of discoloration because darker skin has more pigment in it. It’s best to consult with the technician to see if the treatment is right for you.
3. Can I do it during my lunch break?
Absolutely. Exact treatment times may vary depending on the patient, but a single session typically takes 15-20 minutes.
4. How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive 4-5 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person and the area being treated.
5. How often/far apart should the treatments be?
Treatments are done 3 weeks apart.
6. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams or makeup before your session, and stop using any products that might irritateyour skin 2-3 days before. You must also avoid any tanning, including with self-tanners. You may be advised to shave the area before your treatment. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated.
DURING THE TREATMENT
1. How long does a treatment session last?
One session usually lasts 15-20 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
2. What does the treatment feel like?
It feels like a really light snap with an elastic band against your skin, or like if someone lightly flicked you, as the applicator moves around the treatment area.
3. Will it be painful?
The applicator has a cooling feature built into it to make the treatment as comfortable as possible, but you might feel a bit of discomfort if you’re treating a more sensitive area, like the upper lip. If you find it too uncomfortable, let the operator know and they can adjust the treatment accordingly.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
1. How will I feel after my treatment?
Your skin may feel warm, like a sunburn, and can remain red for anywhere from a few hours to a day. Be sure to follow instructions for
before and after your treatment.
2. How long will the results last and are they permanent?
It really depends on how your skin reacts to the treatment and how you care for your skin afterward. For example, if you protect your skin
from the sun, the results will last longer. We recommend one touch-up session every 3-6 months, depending on your skin responds to
3. Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime. You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment.
4. Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
Avoid tanning for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your treatment, and wear sunscreen. You should also avoid hot baths,
massages, or any treatment that requires direct contact with the skin for the first 2 days after your treatment.
5. If I got a treatment on my face, can I put makeup up on right after?
Yes, you can apply makeup immediately after your treatment, but make sure you put on sunscreen first.